Frequently Asked Questions
Sardinia Italy Yoga & Ayurveda Retreat
. September 26th- October 3rd, 2020!
. Retreat officially begins the evening of September 26th & ends the morning of October 3rd with a closing ceremony.
Where is Sardinia located?
Sardinia is the second largest Italian island and it is located south of the French island of Corsica and 125 sea miles from Rome.
How can the island be reached?
It can be reached by ferry or by plane.
What is Sardinia capital?
The city of Cagliari is the capital.
What’s the official language?
Italian, but Sardinians speak 4 different dialects.
How big is the island?
What is the total population?
What is the weather like?
Sardinia has a mild climate. Winters can be cold and there can be snow on the highest peaks. Overall the island gets plenty of sunshine all year around.
What is the average temperature in September & October?
Highs of 70F and lows of 55F
Where will I be flying into?
You will be flying into Rome Fiumicino airport and then connecting to Olbia, Costa Smeralda Airport
What is the nearest airport to the retreat?
Olbia, Costa Smeralda Airport
How long is the flight?
From LAX > Rome: 12 hours
From Rome > Sardinia: 45 minutes
How long is the flight from Rome to Olbia?
September 26th in the afternoon if flights are available from Rome.
From LAX > Rome: Norwegian (low cost), Air France, British Airways, Lufthansa, Swiss Air
From Rome > Sardinia: Air Italy
Is Uber available?
No, Uber is not allowed yet. However, taxis are available or you can rent a car (recommended).
Payments made to Krystal’s PayPal account: Krystal@bluejasminacupuncture.com please use the send money to a friend or family member option. If you do not you will be charged fees & you will be responsible to pay those as well. Krystal will let you know as soon as she receives your money! No cash, checks or credit cards will be accepted for payment. PayPal is the only option.
8 early bird spots available- $1850.
$500 non-refundable deposit reserves your space. $2250 is the full price once early bird spots are gone.
Repeat retreaters with Blue Jasmin Yoga Retreats receive a $100 discount if they sign up by the end of 2018.
All rooms but one are double occupancy. You may pay an additional $800 fee to have single occupancy. Only a few single occupancy spots available. Payment is due at the time of reserving single occupancy. First come, first serve.
There is one triple occupancy room. If you would like this one, you will receive an additional $100 off the retreat price.
Air conditioning is also available for a small additional fee. You can decide whether you want it once you have arrived.
2nd Payment of $1000 due March 1st 2020.
Final Payment (remaining balance) due July 1st 2020.
Please let us know if you desire to set up a different payment plan.
· We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance!
· $500 deposit is non-refundable.
· We will refund the remaining money paid if you cancel up to 60 days prior to the retreat.
· No money back after 60 days before the retreat.
Pick up from Olbia International Airport upon arrival
Double occupancy lodging in a cozy room with a pretty view & a small terrace
Yoga & meditation classes daily
Ayurvedic constitution analysis
Pool relaxation time
Vegetarian cuisine (fresh & locally sourced)
Tea/water available with all meals & coffee with breakfast
A wine tasting excursion with lunch
An archeological adventure
Yoga mats, bolsters, blocks, straps & blankets
Free gifts created by a local company from your retreat hosts!
Does NOT include
Transport after the retreat
Spa treatments & massages
Transport around the island during the retreat - besides included excursions (a rental car is recommended)
Additional Optional Excursions Available (for an additional fee):
Boat trip to the Maddalena Islands
Windsurfing & Kiting
Thai Yoga Bodywork Workshop
· Euros. You need approximately $1.20 to get 1 Euro. Euros can be withdrawn at any ATM machine or bought at your bank before the trip.
· There are safe and reliable ATMs on every corner that accept all types of cards, VISA and Mastercard preferred.
· You can also exchange your home currency at any bank easily.
· Suggested arrival: at or before 4pm on September 26th, 2020
· Suggested departure: anytime on October 4, 2020 (We will have a morning closing ceremony on October 4.
· We will recommend a flight you may all take together as we get closer to the retreat. Once you have booked your flights, please send me your itinerary so that we can coordinate your arrival transportation. If you are staying off-site, please coordinate directly with your accommodation host.
· You can request either a single, double or triple occupancy room.
· If you pick a double occupancy room you can choose your roommate or we will match you with someone beautifully fit.
· Roommates will not be decided until you arrive in Sardinia unless you have requested someone.
Facebook Private Group and Whats App
· Retreat hosts will create a Facebook Private group for all retreat participants. This platform can be used to share photos, music and post questions that we will answer. We will also post information and updates here.
· Once in Sardinia, we will use WhatsApp messaging to communicate any schedule changes, group activities and other important info with one another. Please download this app to your smartphone.